Friday 8 April 2016

Upcycled notebooks and one silly fly

I've listed some new upcycled notebooks that I made recently. All of which made using recycled materials such as cereal boxes, used envelopes and tiny fabric pieces that I stitched together. The pages are bound using the leftover thread that I used for making my journals. It does take some time to complete as it involves many steps but it is fun to make them.


A small pocket notebook of three pieces of fabric stitched together.


A red bird jotter book, it's a Christmas themed fabric but I do like the little red bird.

I will be listing more in the coming days in my Etsy shop.

In the garden...

The chillies are doing well, turning red more quickly now as the temperature starts to cool. The big chilli isn't as hot as the tiny ones and is my preferred choice. That silly fly landed right when I took this shot, I have been photobombed by a fly! :)


Gene made a bird feeder quite a while ago and after it failed to sell at my monthly market at Titirangi Village, up it went on our tree. Will be nice to see some birds from the kitchen and dining windows.


As for Kiki, I've taken out the igloo for her to curl in again. She still sleeps in the basket during the day when the weather is warmer. Past Tuesday I woke up in the morning with her sleeping under the duvet with her head on my arm like a baby, looking very comfortable indeed, well my heart melted of course, it was rather nice with her warm fur, like a soft teddy bear.

Have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I like the notebooks. The chillies look good. They're not something I grow as I don't eat them. It'll be interesting to see what birds use the feeder. Your comments and picture of Kiki made me smile.
    Enjoy the weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chillies as I grew up with my mom cooking chillies and sambal, but have mellowed somewhat after becoming vegetarian :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.